Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Randominity or Randomosity ?

Wherein the wherein is not needed but I've been doing these damn things for close to two years and this doesn't seem like the appropriate instance to stop


  • Trivia:
    Last week: wow, not just historical characters, but historical character who were also in "Bill and Ted." One twist too many.

    This week: Other than lava, I am without guesses.

  • Kind of a strange way to describe toothpaste

  • Digital Daily: Can’t imagine that’s going to change anytime soon, either–no matter how loudly Zucker whines. Apple CEO Steve Jobs would probably rather swallow a Zune whole than be pressured into handing over a percentage of iPod sales to record labels, as Microsoft has done with Zune.

  • Photos: of Georgia Ballet company members. Gorgeous shots of some very talented people.

  • Comment left here, because haloscan wouldn't let me leave a comment there:
    My guess is that the dyes in the icing were the problem.

    I do all the cooking for our house, but my wife usually ends up doing cupcakes for school. She bought a couple of Cakesicle pans and just smears on some frosting (or with the frosting, writes a number or letter). Something about food on a stick, kids tend to eat more of this than a normal cupcake.

  • back to lunch (spinach salad with chopped turkey, cheddar cheese, roma tomatoes, and pecans). Then back to converting some gnarly Word tables into soothing Framemaker. Sorta mindless and repetitive, yet requires a moderate level of detail. Slapping on the headphones and cranking the Muffs to get through the afternoon.

4 Comments:

Blogger P_J said...

The "Bill and Ted" thing was way out of line.

The states are the ones you'd suspect -- Tennessee and Louisiana, with trumpets, guitars and I think a banjo on TN.

I just bought a cakesicle pan, and I can't wait for it to arrive. That looks totally awesome. It's one of those things I know the kids will love.

10/30/2007 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

bonus trivia: What's Schwarzkopf's first name?

10/30/2007 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger P_J said...

I seem to recall it's H. Norman, but I forget what the H is for.

I believe his father was connected with the search for the Lindbergh baby, and I think the general was a "junior," but that's not helping me here.

10/31/2007 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Leo said...

Ooh- that's genius. Gotta love food on a stick. Interestingly, the frosting did dry in more of an orange, after all.

10/31/2007 01:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home