What I'm listening to
Tripped to the used CD store and returned with:
- Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band. What August Darnell was doing before he became Kid Creole and the Coconuts. I've heard of this, but think I haven't heard it. Cherchez La Femme was the big hit and I don't recognize it.
- Jack Johnson, Sleep Through the Static. Because we loves us some lyrically incoherent and somnolently played beach music. Yes we does.
- Elect Slappy White For Vice-President. LP from 1975. I was hoping this would've been funnier. I chuckled a couple of times and laughed out loud a couple of mostly, mostly due to surprise. Liner notes are up elsewhere and the tracks will join them in a couple days.
And borrowed from the library:
- Leonard Bernstein -- Peter & the Wolf / Carnival of the Animals
- Subdudes -- Behind the Levee
- MTV's hip hopera: Carmen