Dinner and a movie
Updated notes: I've added a number of new combinations. This originated from an old joke about Bambi and is quickly becoming quite an interesting gustatory tour. While searching for recipes I came across mention of a fascinating sound book: Unmentionable Cuisine by Calvin W. Schwabe. Here's a review by M.F.K Fisher.
And I should also mention this article, What's wrong with eating man's best friend?
- Bambi. Served with Venison Noisette on Wild Rice with Savoy Cabbage and Braised Rabbit
- Finding Nemo. Served with Asian Seafood Paella in Plugrá Butter and Red Curry Essence and a starter of turtle soup
- Veggie Tales. Served with Zucchini and hominy soup and a Vegetarian Haggis
- Chicken Run. Served with Coq au Vin and a Banana Souffle
- Babe. Served with a Charcuterie platter and 5 Spice Pork Ribs with Ginger, Soy and Sesame
- City Slickers. Served with Veal Oscar and Pickled Veal Tongue
- Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill. Served with Oxtail Stew and an Herbed Oxtail Terrine
- Electric Horseman. Served with Shuzhuk and Pastissada De Caval
- Whale Rider. Served with Joint of Whale Meat Steeped in Red Wine Marinade and Hari-hari-nabe
- Howard the Duck. Served with Braised duck and Crispy Duck
- Where the Red Fern Grows. Served with Bosintang and Swiss Dried Dog Meat
- Silence of the Lambs. Served with Lechter's Liver with Fava Beans. Thanks, icepick!