Monday, December 05, 2005

Dinner and a movie

Working on some theme dinner parties. Here's what I have so far.

Updated notes: I've added a number of new combinations. This originated from an old joke about Bambi and is quickly becoming quite an interesting gustatory tour. While searching for recipes I came across mention of a fascinating sound book: Unmentionable Cuisine by Calvin W. Schwabe. Here's a review by M.F.K Fisher.

And I should also mention this article, What's wrong with eating man's best friend?

  1. Bambi. Served with Venison Noisette on Wild Rice with Savoy Cabbage and Braised Rabbit
  2. Finding Nemo. Served with Asian Seafood Paella in Plugrá Butter and Red Curry Essence and a starter of turtle soup
  3. Veggie Tales. Served with Zucchini and hominy soup and a Vegetarian Haggis
  4. Chicken Run. Served with Coq au Vin and a Banana Souffle
  5. Babe. Served with a Charcuterie platter and 5 Spice Pork Ribs with Ginger, Soy and Sesame
  6. City Slickers. Served with Veal Oscar and Pickled Veal Tongue
  7. Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill. Served with Oxtail Stew and an Herbed Oxtail Terrine
  8. Electric Horseman. Served with Shuzhuk and Pastissada De Caval
  9. Whale Rider. Served with Joint of Whale Meat Steeped in Red Wine Marinade and Hari-hari-nabe
  10. Howard the Duck. Served with Braised duck and Crispy Duck
  11. Where the Red Fern Grows. Served with Bosintang and Swiss Dried Dog Meat
  12. Silence of the Lambs. Served with Lechter's Liver with Fava Beans. Thanks, icepick!

5 Comments:

Blogger reader_iam said...

What about "Sharktales"?

Good stuff ... I'll have the Finding Nemo, and my vegetarian husband will have the Veggie Tales.

We'll leave the kindergartner out of it. Ahem.

12/06/2005 03:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharktales sounds good.

I need a movie for veal. I know there's something out there with baby cows, but I've had a total brain freeze.

bill.

12/06/2005 04:14:00 PM  
Blogger reader_iam said...

Interesting. I'm sure you're right, and yet when, out of curiosity, I Googled, I actually couldn't locate a movie or kids show or cartoon character that was a calf. Of course, I only scanned a few pages.

Now, aren't baby elephants called calves? A stretch, but if you're desperate ...

; )

12/06/2005 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger reader_iam said...

... Because then you could use Dumbo ...

12/06/2005 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger Icepick said...

How about HuFu with fava beans and a nice Chianti while watching The Silence of the Lambs?

12/08/2005 12:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home