Friday, December 30, 2005

Quoting quoted quotes

Ann Althouse is listing her quotes of the year. I left a comment with some of my favorites. I pulled them from my archives, so I won't repeat them here.

I did list my favorite pop culture quote as being from Lost when Mr. Eko tells Locke "Do not mistake coincidence for fate." Great quote and it works on so many levels for the show. Good to keep in mind for life, as well. Back to Lost, with the betting money on Mr. Eko being a priest or having a religious background, that would add even more subtext.

That's a good quote, but the one that probably caused the most emotion in our house was from Serenity. I'm of course referring to Wash's triumphant: "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar".

And, then...all I can say is "Fuck you, Joss Whedon." Sincerely, bill.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pooh said...

I've got one: Snoop Dogg talking about all the rappers becoming movie stars: "The game is to be sold, not told."


Dude, how good was "Serenity?". Not sure they had to do that, but you know, it worked...Plus she's married to Morpheus now, anyway. Upgrade?

And only 5 days (or is it 12?) til the first "Ekosode" on Lost. Yeah.

12/30/2005 01:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home