Monday, October 16, 2006

The five stages of winter

Wherein since I wrote it, it isn't exactly stealing to copy & paste and edit.


  1. Denial. "It can't be snow!" Maybe a volcano erupted in South Dakota and this is the ash fallout. I hope.
  2. Anger. Screw this, I'm moving to Arizona. For reference, read Lileks' Bleat every day for the next six months.
  3. Bargaining. Just let me see the sun once and I promise not to run over the Winter carnival.
  4. Depression. One word: snotcicle.
  5. Acceptance. It's not so bad out. You just have to learn to dress in layers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Icepick said...

Dude, you live in Atlanta! It's not like you're Pooh, freezing your ass off for 11.5 months a year on an icesheet.

10/16/2006 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

1. An earlier version of this was left at the Althouse post about the first snowfall.

2. I have done 15 Minnesota winters. Which is enough to have gone through all 5 stages AND recognize the fact that "The Shining" is a documentary about cabin fever.

3. I forget what three is for...but there's always a third.

10/16/2006 02:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home