May 13, 2007 to June 2, 2007
- Lost is still one of the best shows on television. Yes, they got off to a rocky start, but I think in retrospect this season's arc will look better than it did at the time we were watching.
- Two shots of Jamerson in a glass of ginger ale may be called a Big Ginger. Quite tasty with a twist of lime. Though I would say there was too much ginger ale as it pretty much covered the taste of alcohol.
- A conference of technical writers in Minneapolis should be labeled: "Could we be any whiter?"
- The answer is no.
- Sure, technically, the answer is yes, but there is no significant difference between .001 and .01, so I stand by my previous answer of no.
- Damn, there sure are a lot of Somalis in Minneapolis.
- Damn, there sure are a lot of businesses posting "We do not allow guns" signs on their doors. Too late, I realized I should have been taking pictures. I could have had a nice gallery of antigun signs.
- Despite taking a new camera with the intention of playing around with the features I took one picture.
- It was handy at lunch when it was the only means I had to show pictures of The Child.
- Despite hanging out with a generally fun bunch of people from around the country, I could not talk them into Hookers and Blow (see the previous post's comments for a link). So I missed them. This was a point of contention for the rest of the week and if we meet up in Philadelphia next year I will still be complaining about this.
- The Dakota Jazz Club did not have Apple-Brie soup on the menu. This is wrong. They will be sent a letter. I am now owed the recipe.
- Al's Breakfast rocks. Seriously hard.
- Memo to Northwest Airlines: as long as you're going to be NWA.com, you should play rap music. Because that's what we're all thinking.
- Memo to Northwest Airlines: Your website needs a giant blinking button that reads ETICKET. That's probably a common activity your customer wants to complete, so make it easy.
- Memo to all airlines: If listening to my iPod during takeoffs and landings will crash the plane then I suggest you build a better fucking plane.
- Met many nice folk from Redmond. Including one who was almost a dead ringer for Bill Gates.
- I drank many lattes from Dunn Bros. They were good. I'm done with Starbucks, no matter how much junk I put in it, it's still crap. I'll be fine with the occasional Seattle's Best latte while at Borders.
- Rise of the Celebretards: A-crotch-alypse Now. If you find yourself in Minneapolis this summer, go see this show at Dudley Riggs. Very foul and very funny.