Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I did mention origami

Wherein as Jennings takes liberties with the use of "feature," I'll take full points for that answer


  1. It's doubtful I could answer any question concerning music released in 2007. I am currently listening to Chaka Khan's 2007 album and I'm pretty sure the answer isn't on there.
  2. I'll say Vietnam.
  3. Sounds Italian, so I'll go with Bocce.
  4. Sam, Diane, Norm, postal worker guy, Woody, Carla, Lilith. I think I can recall all but Sam and Carla. Ted Danson was doing shows during that time, so may have been less available than Rhea Perlman. Pretty much a coin flip, so I'll say Sam never appeared.
  5. wiki answer. One of those that makes me think that with more time I could have had a proper guess.
  6. ????
  7. Unharmful ingestion of mind-altering substances by minors? Minors being children under a certain age, not people who dig underground.

4 Comments:

Blogger P_J said...

2. I think it was the Revolutionary War, which is why they feature GW's likeness.

6. What's with the wording on this -- a "world nation"? Is that a clue? World of Warcraft?

1/15/2008 06:26:00 PM  
Blogger XWL said...

#1 Them youngsters and their crappy music, I don't know, either. Ummm, the only hit I can think of is Umbrella, Umbrella DiCrescenzo would be an awesome name.

#2 I'd lean towards WWII, especially given that not all the war dept. new about the A-Bomb, the expected casualty count for a land invasion of Japan was more than all the war deaths in both theaters total for the previous 4 years. So chances are, they would have ordered up hundreds of thousands, if not more than a million purple hearts in 1944-5. All speculation on my part, I could be wrong.

#3 I'd go with Jai Alai, though Bocce sounds good, too.

#4 Does Kirstie Alley count? Was there overlap? I definitely remember Lilith, Norm, Cliff, and Woody on Frasier, don't know about the others, didn't watch later Cheers, or much Frasier. I'd go with Danson also, he was on Becker for many of the years Frasier was on, so maybe CBS wouldn't let him (or he didn't want to) participate in a promotional stunt for a rival network.

#5 See, now you made me feel like I should know what it is, and I can't click on the link, grrr.

#6 I'd guess Liberia. I think they named a bunch of cities after US Presidents. That's just a guess, though.

#7 Not origami related, I bet. I think the answer having something to do with minors is on the right track, though.

1/15/2008 07:31:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

"During World War II, nearly 500,000 Purple Heart medals were manufactured in anticipation of the casualties resulting from the invasion of Japan."

1/15/2008 08:37:00 PM  
Blogger P_J said...

I still think it has some connection to Washington, with his profile on it, but now I'm thinking it wasn't around during the Civil War. Hmmmmm.

1/15/2008 11:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home