Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Recovering from the choices we made in the 70s

Wherein I missed last week's joke about Aztec mythology and zydeco music because I usually skip the introductory babbling and go straight to not being able to answer the questions. Though an emphasis on zydeco would not bother me as I'd probably do better with than than classifying waxy tree goo


Is there any kind of situation in which the offense is so gross and enormous that I should withhold forgiveness in the face of what appears to be true penitence? My answer would be that in every circumstance that I can picture, more value would grow out of forgiveness than out of its withholding.

--Martin Marty, Protestant church historian, copied from The Healing of Nations: The Promise and Limits of Political Forgiveness


************************

1. Is this her new work? I've heard she's become religious and has left the vampires behind. I read one of those vampire books and threw it away after I finished. I guess I have no answer.

2. I have no answer.

3. I have no answer.

4. I'm a Mac. And I'm a PC.

5. Is sap good enough?

6. I have no answer.

7. I have no answer.

9 Comments:

Blogger P_J said...

1. Jesus. Seriously.
2. Must be 7-time Cy Young winner Clemens (and he's won in each league).
3. Iraq and Kuwait? The Yemen brothers?

4/08/2008 01:13:00 PM  
Blogger XWL said...

1. Yes, JC it is, but does he hang around with EuroTrash in smoky bars that play loud bad techno music?

3 It was Egypt and Syria I believe, Nasser pushed it, but the Union didn't last long.

5. Vicks VaporRub, with Mentholatum!!! (extracted from Eucalyptus trees, which are plentiful hereabouts, and do smell faintly of Vicks)

6. I think "Once" fits the bill, but was it a hit?

4/08/2008 04:07:00 PM  
Blogger XWL said...

D'oh!, right plant, wrong compound.

Eucalyptus trees produce Eucalyptol, Mentholatum is a different brand name of nasty stuff you rub on your chest or beneath your nose.

4/08/2008 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger reader_iam said...

Interesting post title.

4/08/2008 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

reader_iam said...
Interesting post title.


At least I got that going for me.

4/09/2008 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger reader_iam said...

Hey, Bill--that wasn't a criticism of the post. It just cracked me up that I came over here, and saw that title, AFTER our interaction elsewhere involving a mood ring, during which you proposed immunity.

I assumed a connection.

XXOO

4/10/2008 01:14:00 AM  
Blogger bill said...

1. I didn't take it as one.

2. you are correct.

4/10/2008 08:21:00 AM  
Blogger Icepick said...

It's not the choices of the 1970s we need to watch out for. It's the ones we're making in the present.

(And yes, Bill, that means that good luck was needed, and that it wasn't received. Sorry, can't help you with tickets after all.)

4/11/2008 07:15:00 PM  
Blogger reader_iam said...

'Pick:

()

Check your e-mail, friend.

RIA

4/13/2008 02:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home