Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Two and a Half Men

Wherein jokes are frequent

Anyone watch Two and Half Men on CBS? If not, I recommend it. Jokes are often lude and crude, no one has any redeeming social value, and it's probably the most consistently humorous show on right now. While the jokes may be crude, that doesn't mean they're stupid. Watch it for awhile and there's some real cleverness in it.

I started watching the show because of the Duck Man, but it's Charlie Sheen, playing Charlie--a frequent and unapologetic womanizer, who often steals the show.

Here's some sample dialogue from the show that ran last night Monday. Frustrated with his brother, Charlie is speaking with a therapist.
Doctor: Have you ever been in therapy?
Charlie: Massage therapy, does that count?
Doctor: No.
Charlie: I don't know, you pay a strange woman for one hour and she only gives you 50 minutes.
Doctor: Lets move on.
Charlie: Touched a nerve there, did I?

1 Comments:

Blogger reader_iam said...

I'm not sure how I skipped over this post. That dialogue made me laugh.

I might have to check this one out, though it wouldn't be my natural inclination, I don't think.

Then again, I'm headed to a place without cable (unless the timing gets real lucky), so July is the traditional time of year when I check out network shows in primetime that I normally overlook.

I'll take this as a tip ... for now.

vh: robwry

Not sure how this relates, but, darn it!--I just like it.

6/22/2006 07:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home