Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Stolen 'name that tune' meme

Wherein I probably couldn't recognize the lyrics to my own music.

Tosy and Cosh posted lyrics to ten songs and expected us to guess. Since I came nowhere near to recognizing anything he posted, I decided I can do that, too.

Guess, you magnificent bastards, guess!

New: now with answers!


  1. Fresh and Delishussss, Voodoolulu
    You just lost your job your girlfriend split
    and your metrocard ran out
    Your rent is past the phone ain't ringing
    the IRS they got your bank account
    your dealers downtown the sharks are knocking

  2. Tears on my pillow, Little Anthony and the Imperials
    If we could start anew
    I wouldn't hesitate
    I'd gladly take you back
    And tempt the hand of fate

  3. Jerk Out, The Time
    I took her to my crib and I laid her down. Her body felt kinda right.
    Maybe I was wrong but what the hell, I figured that was what she liked.
    I said Baby, don't get too comfortable, cuz I really like to sleep alone.

  4. Jack Ruby, Camper Van Beethoven
    'Cause he's a friend of that cloven-hoofed gangster the devil
    He's been seen with the sheriff and the police
    Drinking whiskey and water after hours, saying
    "Let's do business, boys. The drinks are on me."

  5. Let Me In, R.E.M.
    I only wish that I could hear you whisper down,
    Mister fisherman, to a less peculiar ground.
    He gathered up his loved ones and he brought them all around
    To say goodbye, nice try.

  6. Still Thrives This Love, k.d. lang
    I often question
    Is it so
    Life's contradictions
    Tend to grow
    Spawning the choices
    And the woe

  7. If U Ever, Sinead O'Connor
    U got into your car and drove as far
    As u could and even further
    And no matter how I sang
    I just never can
    Stop needing your hand

  8. Hey a Movie!, Kermit the Frog & other Muppets (The Muppet Movie)
    There'll be crooks and cops!
    There'll be villainy!
    But with us on call
    We'll fix it all real easily

  9. Cloud Dancing, Roches
    Every morning I get up
    Beautiful as the Goddess
    Of Love in Enchanted Mountain.
    Every night I go to bed
    Seductive as Yang Kuei-fei,
    The imperial concubine

  10. Love Circles, Squeeze
    You're wearing matching dressing gowns
    You think your life times just begun
    You cut the cake but just the one slice
    You're crawling back all through the night



Update: Have I ever mentioned that I rarely pay attention to lyrics? If I looked at this list again in an hour I'd feel good if I remembered more than two. Even for me, this is a messed up collection of music. There's maybe four songs on here I'd care to listen to.

Probably should have deleted this list and created a new one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Icepick said...

I did better with Tosy and Cosh's list than yours. (One correct vs no freaking clue.) I hardly ever pay attention to lyrics.

All of which reminds me of an Ace Frehly interview. During the publicity tour for one of his solo albums, an interviewer asked him about the meaning of one of his songs. His reply? "I don't know. I've never bothered to decipher the lyrics." Rock and roll!

6/27/2007 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

I'll post the answers tomorrow.

6/27/2007 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Ahistoricality said...

I do pay attention to lyrics, and I can say with some certainty that ...


I've never heard any of these songs before, at least not more than once. Of course, from your previous musical discussions, I'd pretty much concluded that our musical tastes overlap only very rarely.

6/27/2007 03:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home