Monday, August 20, 2007

Why is that, NFL?

Wherein do the dogcatcher


Gregg Easterbrook wrote:
There's something deeply sick about the fact that you can go to the NFL's official shop and order a Bills jersey with No. 32 and SIMPSON on the back -- go here and try it yourself -- or a Panthers jersey with CARRUTH on the back, the NFL system actually says "Great choice!" in response, but if you go here and try to order a Falcons' jersey with Vick's name or number, you'll get a message saying your order cannot be processed.

He's right:


The NFL also doesn't mind if you buy this jersey:

2 Comments:

Blogger Icepick said...

I'm only about 60% through Easterbrook's column, but I am once again astounded by his writing - how is it possible for one man to be that wrong so many times in one article? How is it that Easterbrook still has a job as a writer?

I really hope I don't end up wasting my evening ripping this piece to shreds, but I may have to....

8/20/2007 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger Icepick said...

Wow, now that I've read the whole piece it has only gotten worse. Easterbrook at his absolute inimitable worst. Ugh. Hating Easterbrook was about the only thing Pooh and I agreed on.

8/20/2007 04:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home