Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Snatch the pebble from my hand

Wherein it would've been much easier if Grasshopper had kicked the blind man in the shin and elbowed him in the face; then he could've just picked the pebble off the ground. Something to keep in mind if you ever enroll in kickass monk school


Interesting question 7 for last week. Though upon further review, based upon the wording -- Who comes last in this sequence? Cloris Leachman, Ellen Burstyn, Tatum O'Neal, Valerie Perrine, Carol Kane, Mariel Hemingway, Cathy Moriarty, ______. -- the correct answer is obviously Cathy Moriarty. She's the last in the sequence and Cate Blanchett would be next.

1. Smokey Robinson
2. Sunshine State. Hmmm. Does Queensland have a bike week like South Dakota and Florida? If so, I'm not sure what the shared nickname would be -- the show us your tits state?. I think I'll stick with Sunshine.
3. picking of the nose
4. Someone on a reality show. I don't think there's a nonreality show that I'd classify as a megahit; obviously the stormin' Mormon has his own way of defining things.
5. DK
6. Gone With the Wind
7. George Wallace, the segregationist governor? Or George Wallace the comedian? Because I don't know how he expects anyone to answer the question with this level of imprecision. I originally wrote standup comedian, but that's redundant. Not like there's a market for standup dramatists.


No questions of my own this week, so try your luck with the trivia at builtonadare.

2 Comments:

Blogger XWL said...

2. Well, Florida is also known as "The Wang", and South Dakota has a mountain range called Grand Tetons (aka Big Titties), so I'm guessing Queensland must have a nickname some other naughty bits to complete the trifecta (kind of dirty for a Mormon, so maybe Sunshine State is a better guess).
3. Whatabout playing the Nose Flute?
4. Most likely Tim Gunn from Project Runway, but megahit? Really?
5. Either Wars, or Happy Families, I forget, I think it was happy families though, since the author was basically saying that I'm about to tell you a tale of a really messed up family since if I wrote about a happy family, it'd be boring.
6. Pretty sure Brazzaville is about 3000 miles SE from Casablanca. SO Casablanca would be the sequelfied movie. Can't imagine why the story would move to Brazzaville, maybe set it in the late 50s, early 60s as Africa is on the brink of de-colonialization. (come to think of it, maybe African Queen started out as this Casablanca sequel . . .)
7. ? ! ? ! ? Seriously, Ken, Seriously ? ! ? ! ?, also, I think they've all boxed professionally (and I think that applies to both George Wallaces, at least it does apply to the stand-up George Wallace, and I would imagine that the segregationist George Wallace may also have stepped in a ring before), although if that was the case, then he probably should have put Bob Hope on the list, too.

2/27/2008 01:38:00 AM  
Blogger bill said...

Is boxing unique? I knew Danza was a boxer and in the Scheider obituaries it was mentioned, just didn't think it was unique enough to qualify as an answer.

2/27/2008 09:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home