Tuesday, February 19, 2008

O-fer

Wherein and based on the questions, I'm not particularly interested in the answers


For #7, I know Ellen Burstyn and Tatum O'Neal were both in movies later made into TV shows: Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore and Paper Moon. Don't think that's all that unique.

I also don't think I've ever seen Paper Moon. However, watching a show the other day that included a short clip from Paper Moon added some depth to a joke in a different movie -- Better Off Dead.
  • Tatum O'Neal: "I want my two hundred dollars." youtube
  • newspaper kid: "I want my two dollars." youtube

Kinda like seeing Treasure of Sierra Madre after Blazing Saddles and realizing "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!" was a reference joke. Of course there's a wiki page for stinking badges...but before you click that link, here's my trivia question for the week:

Name two movies in which Orlando Jones played a door to door salesman.

6 Comments:

Blogger XWL said...

Naming two Orlando Jones movies would be hard enough.

2/19/2008 09:17:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

The Replacements
Drumline

There, I answered xwl's question. Tomorrow I'll answer mine.

2/19/2008 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger XWL said...

1. Hank (Azaria), and ummmmm Harry (Shearer), no that's not it, Yeardley (Smith), nope, Julie (Kavner), D'oh, not it, Nancy (Cartwright), errrr, Dan (Castelleneta), ummm, I'm running out of voice actors, who the hell is the other one?

2. ? ! ? ! ?

3. I'd guess Buffalo, given the proximity to the border, they might do one pre-season game in Toronto each year

4. A bit of Van Gogh's ear (yummy).

5. What does one straddle? Bidet, I'd guess

6. They're called "skyclad", which is another way of saying nekkid, so they are unusual in that they wear nothing at all (but a smile?). Some really extreme Jain monks not only don't wear clothes, but they refuse to feed themselves, only eating when people bring them food. If nobody brings them food, then they starve. That's dedication (and craziness).

As far as Orlando Jones goes, Time Machine and Evolution are the only ones I remember seeing him in.

Pretty sure he's not a door to door salesman in either of those movies.

2/19/2008 09:32:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

Name two movies in which Orlando Jones played a door to door salesman.

From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangmans Daughter. Door to door brush salesman

Office Space. Door-to-door magazine salesman

2/20/2008 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger Icepick said...

Hmm, the easy part of the answer to your Orlando Jones question is Office Space. Gonna have to think for a while to see if I can remember another one. (I haven't tread anyone else's comments yet. I need a distraction this morning, and thinking about this will provide just such a distraction. So Quoted - Not just a blog, but a public service!)

2/20/2008 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally know a trivia answer and I am too late to be first. Damn.

2/21/2008 09:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home