Monday, February 04, 2008

Stereotyping by cellphone

Wherein mine is gray, frequently misplaced, and when I do have it with me is rarely on


From Forbes:
As cellphones evolve from largely functional devices into personal accessories, the wireless industry is building a wave of colorful handsets. "Phones are becoming reflections of us as individuals and an important way to express our personalities," says Ehtisham Rabbani, vice president of product strategy and marketing for LG.

Here's where I need to be able to insert a sound clip because I'm quoting Jose Jimenez whining "Oh, I hope not." Raise your hand if you didn't get the joke.

I think allowing a chunk of electronics to express your personality says more about your personality than the actual chunk of electronics. As I may have previously stated, for me a phone is a rarely used tool and all I need is something cheap that sends and receives phone calls. Seems like most cellphone companies are forgetting about the phone calling piece of the puzzle. Anyway, I didn't choose gray, it was the only color available. I'm not against aesthetically pleasing colors or personalizing your objects, I'm just a lot wary of investing too much meaning into it. However, I'm pretty confident in stating that if you download ringtones I hate you. TURN. THE. GODDAMN. RINGER. OFF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home