Thursday, March 20, 2008

NEW NEAL STEPHENSON NOVEL

Wherein I'm shaking with joy


New Neal Stephenson novel to be published September 2008. I haven't even read the description. Like it matters. He'd have to publish about 5 books of blank pages before I became concerned.

Today's mood: Saturnalian

I suck. Looks like information about this was out a month ago and I just find out today. Amazon.com info:
Hardcover: 928 pages
Publisher: William Morrow (September 9, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0061474096
ISBN-13: 978-0061474095
Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 2 inches

Earlier mention from last September:
He's writing a science fiction novel unrelated to Cryptonomicon and the Baroque Cycle. It's set on another planet and has aliens and so on. It's really about Platonic mathematics, but he needed the aliens and space opera-ish elements to spice it up a little bit, just like the pirates kept people engaged in the Baroque books. He's nearly finished writing it, and if he doesn't finish by the end of the calendar year he'll have to give some money back. If everything proceeds according to schedule, it should be available in stores in about a year.

2 Comments:

Blogger XWL said...

Time to pre-order already.

Also, 928 pages but only 2 inches thick?

Printed on onionskin paper?

3/20/2008 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

I take the info for future books with a grain of disbelief.

A mass market book like this I won't preorder. There's no guarantee it'll be at my door when I want it. If it comes by regular mail, then it isn't getting here until 3pm. I have a couple handfuls of Barnes & Nobles and Borders within easy reach and they all open at 9am.

3/20/2008 03:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home