Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Twenty songs from 1970

Wherein More Details are available

While I personally would not call any of these great - Let it Be = bloated - this a list of extremely solid music. I’m drawing a blank on New Seekers and Joe South; otherwise it is second tier music by mostly first tier musicians. Close to You always reminds me of the underrated Best of Times, when Kurt Russell seduces his wife with that song.

Grade: B+

Bad songs = crossed out
Great songs = bold

1970
1. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel
2. (They Long To Be) Close To You, Carpenters
3. American Woman / No Sugar Tonight, The Guess Who
4. Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head, B.J. Thomas
5. War, Edwin Starr
6. Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Diana Ross
7. I'll Be There, Jackson 5
8. Get Ready, Rare Earth
9. Let It Be, The Beatles
10. Band Of Gold, Freda Payne
91. Psychedelic Shack, Temptations
92. Without Love (There Is Nothing), Tom Jones
93. Are You Ready?, Pacific Gas and Electric
94. Woodstock, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
95. I'll Never Fall In Love Again, Dionne Warwick
96. Look What They've Done To My Song Ma, New Seekers
97. Walk A Mile In My Shoes, Joe South
98. The Thrill Is Gone, B.B. King
99. It's Only Make Believe, Glen Campbell
100. Call Me, Aretha Franklin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home