Friday, March 17, 2006

Anyone having problems with Blogger?

Wherein something ain't right


I was thinking blogger seemed a little hinky the last couple days, but maybe something else is going on.

XWL writes that he can't get into his blog, Immodest Proposals, and it looks down to me.

Then Mr. Instapundit has a plea from another blogger about stolen blogs.

I don't know what's going on, but I suggest somehow backing up anything you don't want to lose.

Update: this might be XWL's problem. From Blogger Status:
Thursday, March 16, 2006

The filer that we have been having trouble with in the last few days failed again. Those blogs that are stored on the bad filer are temporarily not available for publishing and viewing. We are working on replacing the filer and restoring access to the blogs affected.

Posted by Pal at 21:14 PST

2 Comments:

Blogger reader_iam said...

Ouch for XWL!

I noticed a lot of oddities with Blogger. At Althouse, for example, some comments went missing and I see that they're still not there today.

Other bloggers either couldn't get into dashboard to post, or couldn't post, or parts for all of their blogs malfunctioned.

I must say that's it's much easier to be sanguine in my current position, but I feel for you all!

XWL, if you read this, I hope your blog comes back soon!! I don't have an e-mail for you. (And Bill, thanks for letting me take license in this fashion.)

3/17/2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger XWL said...

To quote the Godfather of Soul (from Get Up Offa That Thing)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!

OH!

Say it now!

I'm back!

I'm back!

I'm back!

I'm back!


And RIA, my email is on the top of my webpage, but if you can't get in the webpage, kind of hard to get my email.

CBS broke the internets by webcasting the NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney (at least that might be one of the excuses blogger makes, besides the usual, defective server excuse)

3/17/2006 04:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home