Thursday, March 16, 2006

Twenty songs from 1965

Wherein More Details are available


Solid year, other than the Stones, nothing major on here. Anyone else think the Rolling Stones whining about censorship at the Superbowl was a tad hypocritical? They lost the right to make that argument when they sang "Let's spend SOME TIME together" on the Ed Sullivan show.

Again, another lame song by Elvis, but I’m feeling generous and won’t cross this one out.

Something interesting for me is that for three songs on the list, I prefer the later covers. For me, Devo owns Satisfaction; even though it’s a mostly straight cover, I prefer Bow Wow Wow singing I Want Candy; and, I’ll take Boy From New York City by Manhattan Transfer.

Now it's your turn - what do you find interesting about me?

Grade: B

Bad songs = crossed out
Great songs = bold

1965
1. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, The Rolling Stones
2. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch), Four Tops
3. Wooly Bully, Sam The Sham and The Pharaohs
4. My Girl, Temptations
5. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', Righteous Brothers
6. Downtown, Petula Clark
7. Help!, The Beatles
8. Can't You Hear My Heartbeat, Herman's Hermits
9. Crying In The Chapel, Elvis Presley
10. You Were On My Mind, We Five
91. True Love Ways, Peter and Gordon
92. I Want Candy, Strangeloves
93. Keep Searchin', Del Shannon
94. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You), Marvin Gaye
95. Treat Her Right, Roy Head
96. The Race Is On, Jack Jones
97. I'm A Fool, Dino, Desi and Billy
98. The Boy From New York City, Ad Libs
99. Ooo Baby Baby, Miracle
100. Laugh At Me, Sonny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home