Thursday, March 16, 2006

Twenty Songs from 1967

Wherein More Details are available


Notice how our language starts to change - groovin, drag, dig…Sir, I see hippies off the port bow, should we unfurl the Sinatra? Did you also notice that while the Beatles didn’t make the top 10 the past two years, the Monkees did. Ha! Screw you, British invasion! I have nothing else to add other than Ode to Billy Joe is one of my favorite songs. Does anyone else think it was an aborted baby?

Here's a joke I'm writing for Jay Leno. It isn't funny, so I think he'll like it: Did you hear The Who are on tour again? Yeah, you know the song "I Can See For Miles?" Now it's "I Can Hear For Inches."

I'll sell the rights to that joke for $50.

Grade: B

Bad songs = crossed out
Great songs = bold

1967
1. To Sir With Love, Lulu
2. Happy Together, The Turtles
3. Windy, Association
4. Ode To Billie Joe, Bobby Gentry
5. I'm A Believer, The Monkees
6. Light My Fire, The Doors
7. Somethin' Stupid, Nancy Sinatra and Frank Sinatra
8. The Letter, Box Tops
9. Groovin', Young Rascals
10. Kind Of A Drag, Buckinghams
91. I Dig Rock And Roll Music, Peter, Paul and Mary
92. Litle Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright), Bill Cosby
93. Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
94. Daydream Believer, The Monkees
95. Thank The Lord For The Night Time, Neil Diamond
96. I Take It Back, Sandy Posey
97. Green, Green Grass Of Home, Tom Jones
98. I Can See For Miles, The Who
99. Don't Sleep In The Subway, Petula Clark
100. Baby I Need Your Lovin', Johnny Rivers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home