Twenty songs from 1973
What’s up with Tie a Yellow Ribbon? Not that I don’t appreciate the sentiment, but couldn’t we have come up with something more appropriate to pay tribute to loved ones away from home than a song about a guy getting out of prison?
I did not realize there was no love in my heart for Roberta Flack.
A conversation with song titles. Scene is a man and woman meeting in a bar.
Man: Let’s get it on.
Woman: Touch me in the morning.
Man: Will it go round in Circles?
Woman: Stir it up.
Man: Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree.
Woman: You’re so vain.
Bad songs =
Great songs = bold
1. Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Ole Oak Tree, Tony Orlando and Dawn
2. Bad Bad Leroy Brown, Jim Croce
4. Let's Get It On, Marvin Gaye
5. My Love, Paul McCartney and Wings
6. Why Me, Kris Kristofferson
7. Crocodile Rock, Elton John
8. Will It Go Round In Circles, Billy Preston
9. You're So Vain, Carly Simon
10. Touch Me In The Morning, Diana Ross
91. Stir It Up, Johnny Nash
92. Money, Pink Floyd
93. Gypsy Man, War
94. The World Is A Ghetto, War
95. Yes We Can Can, Pointer Sisters
96. Free Ride, Edgar Winter Group
97. Space Oddity, David Bowie
100. Papa Was A Rolling Stone, Temptations