Wednesday, June 07, 2006

World Cup Group Play Predictions

Wherein I'm not putting money on any of this

As noted in an earlier post, I'm picking the Czech Republic and the USA to advance from Group E. For what it's worth, I'm predicting the USA will defeat the Czech Republic, tie Italy, and defeat Ghana.

For the rest of the groups, I won't share my entire spreadsheet, I'll just give you the order they'll finish. Top two teams from each group advance to the round of 16 and single elimination.

Group A
Germany
Ecuador
Poland
Costa Rica

Group B
Paraguay
England
Trinidad and Tobago
Sweden

Group C
Argentina
Netherlands
Serbia and Montenegro
Cote d'Ivorie

Group D
Portugal
Mexico
Iran
Angola

Group E
USA
Czech Republic
Italy
Ghana

Group F
Brazil
Croatia
Australia
Japan

Group G edit, June 9, 7am: I swapped France and Switzerland
Switzerland
France
Korea Republic
Togo

Group H
Spain
Tunisia
Ukraine
Saudi Arabia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home