Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'm dreaming of tired and lazy headlines

Wherein time to move on and find some other phrase to run into the ground.


  • I’m dreaming of a cool Christmas
    In French, a special word is preserved for performers of such grace and style for whom the word “singer” is inadequate. They are called “chansonniers,” a term for which there is no adequate English translation. It means one who sings in French, but carries much deeper significance and respect than that.

  • I'm dreaming of a Brown Chistmas
    Everyone remembers Linus quoting the birth story of Jesus from Luke's Gospel. What many viewers may not have caught is that when he begins the story with "Fear not," Linus drops his famous secruity blanket. He recognizes the significance of what the angel told the shepherds.

  • I'm dreaming of a Jewish Thanksgiving
    That's not from Genesis; it's from the warped imagination of a Pico-Robertson Jew trying to understand the American love affair with Thanksgiving, this holiest of days in the American calendar. Ever since I moved to this country 25 years ago, I've been in awe of how 250 million people stop everything during the fourth Thursday of November to gather around cranberry sauce, stuffing and bread pudding.

  • I’m dreaming of a holiday spectacular
    Fifty-three performances of the stage play “White Christmas” are scheduled between Nov. 18 and Dec. 30 at the Fox. The musical extravaganza is filled with dancing, laughter, beautiful music and snow.

  • I'm Dreaming of a Black Thanksgiving
    Everyone knows the true secret of Thanksgiving: T-Giving Eve is one of the best nights of the year to meet your buddies home for the holidays and catch any number of tight local bands at your nearest watering hole. If you're lucky, you might catch someone on national tour who through the vagaries of tour management happens to be stuck eating turkey at the Uptown Embers. Someone like, say, Ike Reilly.

  • I'm dreaming of a sustainable Christmas
    Goods once made in Europe are more inexpensively produced in China, and British retailers are more than happy to import cheaper goods while consumers appreciate the lower prices. But what seems to be a win-win situation for Chinese and British alike comes at a price, not only in terms of European jobs, but also for the environment. Such global shifts have big implications for our students, who need to be prepared to discuss and debate the choices to be made.

  • I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas
    Actually, I'm not dreaming of a green Christmas, but I know many e-retailers who will be soon if they're not already.

    Well, the early holiday e-shopping estimates have begun to emerge, even before shoppers have fully cranked up their browsers, and the prognostications are once again decidedly bullish.

  • I'm dreaming of a short book
    Working YP is always a bit of a crap shoot: in some branches, it often feels like little more than babysitting the printers. But today the branch was chock full of people actually looking for books.

  • I’m dreaming of a Canon HV10
    So lately, I’ve started eyeing camcorders. Years ago, it was something I had very little interest in, but as we do more slapdash episodes, the urge to have my own is growing. Of course being the Canon boy that I am, my firsty instinct was to check out their line. I was immediately drawn to the Canon HV10 which is their newest High Def camcorder. My sights are a little high though, because that $1500 price tag is a little out of my range. Besides I don’t even have a HD TV. But that’s another story altogether.

  • I'm dreaming of a white...out
    It's been snowing nonstop since I got here. Outside, my bike is holding all the snow physics will allow. It's coming down harder than ever. Oh look, the snowstorm is all over news and weather sites like it's something special. Ha! I have it on good authority people are biking around it without shoes. Come to think of it, I'm not too excited about the return trip.

  • I'm Dreaming of a Holiday Episode (1989)
    My Two Dads, 20 December 1989 (Season 3, Episode 12)

  • I'm Dreaming of a Brown Christmas
    Murphy Brown" (1988); Original Air Date: 14 December 1992 (Season 5, Episode 12)

  • I'm Dreaming of a Slight Christmas
    "The Bob Newhart Show" (1972); Original Air Date: 22 December 1973, (Season 2, Episode 15)

  • I'm Dreaming of a Slight Christmas
    "The Hughleys" (1998); Original Air Date: 17 December 2001, (Season 4, Episode 12)

  • I'm Dreaming of a Pink Christmas
    "Operation Petticoat" (1977); Original Air Date: 17 December 1977, (Season 1, Episode 12)

  • I'm Dreaming of a Wide Isthmus
    "The Wackiest Ship in the Army" (1965); Original Air Date: 19 December 1965, (Season 1, Episode 14)

  • I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger
    "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" (1993); Original Air Date: 25 December 1995, (Season 3, Episode 31)

  • I'm Dreaming of a Black Christmas
    "Julia" (1968); Original Air Date: 24 December 1968, (Season 1, Episode 14)

  • I'm Dreaming of a Wayne Christmas
    "A Different World" (1987); Original Air Date: 13 December 1990, (Season 4, Episode 11)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home