Science can take a break as soon as I can grow a bacon tree
The poll in the Washington Post
- Do you favor or oppose the introduction of genetically modified foods into the U.S. food supply? Favor
- How likely would you be to eat genetically modified foods? Likely
- As far as you know, have you ever eaten genetically modified foods? I assume so, but can't say for certain. Then again, isn't the entire history of agriculture the story of genetic modification?
- Do you feel comfortable or uncomfortable with animal cloning? Comfortable
Ronal Bailey, at Reason, restates the questions:
I can't help but wonder how people might have answered poll questions phrased more like:
(1) Do you favor or oppose crops enhanced by biotech to protect themselves against pests and diseases?
(2) Do you favor or oppose crops enhanced by biotech to reduce the use of harmful pesticides and herbicides?
(3) Would you eat foods made from crops enhanced to protect themselves against pests and diseases using advanced biotech methods?
(4) Does it bother you to learn that you and your family have been eating foods made from such biotech pest protected crops for more than a decade?
My answers are still: favor, favor, yes, no.