Friday, December 15, 2006

What a day what a day for an Auto-da-fe

Wherein today's soundtrack


Let's pull a few lyrics.

First
Life is pleasant, life is simple.
Oh my God, is that a pimple?
No, it's just the odd reflection
Life and I are still perfection,
I am ev'rything I need.
Life is happiness indeed!

Second
No doubt you'll think I'm giving in
To petulance and malice,
But in candor I am forced to say
That I'm sick of gracious living in
This stuffy little palace
And I wish that I could leave today.
I have suffered a lot
And I'm certainly not
Unaware that this life has its black side.
I have starved in a ditch,
I've been burned for a witch,
And I'm missing the half of my backside.
I've been beaten and whipped
And repeatedly stripped,
I've been forced into all kinds of whoredom;
But I'm finding of late
That the very worst fate
Is to perish of comfort and BOREDOM.

Third
It's the usual bunch
To cremate and to crunch.
There's a dean and a queen
And a nun with a hunch!
See you soon, we must dash.
When they've swept up the ash
We can meet down the street
And have lunch!

Fourth
Do like the natives do.
These days you have to be
In the majority.

Fifth

We're neither pure, nor wise, nor good
We'll do the best we know.
We'll build our house and chop our wood
And make our garden grow...
And make our garden grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home