So Quoted's famous broccoli slaw
It's perfectly fine, even commendable, if you want to julienne the broccoli and carrots yourself and it's not like a vinaigrette is hard to make, but it took me 5 minutes to make 4 lbs of this stuff for a department lunch. Seriously good stuff. I think for dinner I'll fire up a nice rare piece of salmon and serve it on a bed of leftover slaw.
There are no measurements. If this is a concern for you, just start with a little and add slowly with frequent tasting.
- Bag of prepared broccoli slaw
- A vinaigrette dressing; I usually use balsamic
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce; I recommend Crystals as it has more flavor than something like Tabasco, which is just hot.
- Green apples
- Dump slaw into bowl.
- Pour in dressing, stir. I prefer a light coating, so don't make it too wet.
- Add salt (kosher) and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- A few splashes of hot sauce. The goal is not to make a vegetarian version of buffalo wings. The goal is to add a slight bite to the flavor. This should not be spicy.
- Dice green apples. Green apples have a tartness that combines well with all the vinegary-goodness from the dressing and hot sauce.