Tuesday, December 04, 2007

All these cities are served by airports named for women

Wherein my eyes rolled so far back in my head I was able to watch all the "don't give a shit" neurons in my cerebral cortex brownout


Answers to this week's quiz

  1. Fulgurites: Those are the brown bits that form on a bottom of a coffee pot if left on too long.

  2. This is a particularly devious question, full of misdirection. It took awhile but I eventually realized that Jennings is referring to Edgar Allan Poe's poem, "Annabel Lee." So the correct answer is the "kingdom by the sea" (unnamed).

  3. "Dr. Egon Spengler," that's why he isn't mentioned in the song.

  4. Whitey Ford = Ford Frick is one answer. But then there's also Nolan Ryan = Ryan Sandberg, whom the HOF has egregiously misspelled as Ryne. Doesn't anyone spelzchec anymore? I'm writing a letter.

  5. Cause a rip in the space-time continuum.

  6. Patti LuPone.

  7. They've all had fake marriages with Rock Hudson.


bonus round: At the Duke Phillips Preschool, this week's questions include one with Whitey Ford.

Elsewhere, an updated leaderboard:
justkim: 45
xwl: 30
pastor_jeff: 24

2 Comments:

Blogger XWL said...

Or #2 could be Instanbul, which is split between Thrace in Europe and Anatolia in Asia.

And #5 probably caused a rip in the space-time continuum and was also the first item auctioned on eBay (timing's right, and it's the kind of junk that sells on that site)

12/04/2007 07:05:00 PM  
Blogger reader_iam said...

Wherein my eyes rolled so far back in my head I was able to watch all the "don't give a shit" neurons in my cerebral cortex brownout.

I wouldn't make a habit of that, if I were you. Habituation ain't addiction, but still.

12/05/2007 10:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home