All these cities are served by airports named for women
Answers to this week's quiz
- Fulgurites: Those are the brown bits that form on a bottom of a coffee pot if left on too long.
- This is a particularly devious question, full of misdirection. It took awhile but I eventually realized that Jennings is referring to Edgar Allan Poe's poem, "Annabel Lee." So the correct answer is the "kingdom by the sea" (unnamed).
- "Dr. Egon Spengler," that's why he isn't mentioned in the song.
- Whitey Ford = Ford Frick is one answer. But then there's also Nolan Ryan = Ryan Sandberg, whom the HOF has egregiously misspelled as Ryne. Doesn't anyone spelzchec anymore? I'm writing a letter.
- Cause a rip in the space-time continuum.
- Patti LuPone.
- They've all had fake marriages with Rock Hudson.
bonus round: At the Duke Phillips Preschool, this week's questions include one with Whitey Ford.
Elsewhere, an updated leaderboard: