Friday, April 03, 2009

Short quote: underage drunks?

Wherein not sure what she's on about with the divorce talk


Rebecca Barry:
I also have a blog, The Main Street Diaries, which is about trying to manage my small children without getting a divorce. I thought that once I got pregnant and stopped going to bars all of my material would dry up, but kids are so funny. They’re on the same wavelength as barflies half the time. A few days ago my 3-year-old picked up Charles Bukowski’s “Women” and asked me to read it to him. I said: “I don’t think you’ll like it. It doesn’t have pictures.” (Thank God.) And he said: “O.K., I’ll read it to you. Here is what it says: ‘Banana Face, Banana Face, I got naughty songs in my head.’”

I think he’s psychic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tupps said...

I'm looking for that book ehhh..the book stores here aren't up to par at all..Anyways, that sounds interesting, a three year old wanting to read the works of Charles Bukowski.

ps. the cinnamon rolls in the post below looks impossibly mouth-watering. heh.

4/04/2009 04:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home