Thursday, March 09, 2006

I want to piss on Tim McCarver's grave

Wherein I am amazed and disgusted this man is still disgracing the airwaves


I've mentioned Tim McCarver before. I'd forgotten he covered the 1991 World Series, probably because I watched every game in a bar. But ESPN Classic is showing Game 6 as part of their Kirby Puckett memorial and I rush home to catch the end of the game.

Ex.Cru.Cia.Ting. There is not a worse announcer anywhere. If he showed up at the door, I would, just out of pent up rage, punch him before he opened his mouth. I hope I never pass him on the street.

That's it. I hate Tim McCarver.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pooh said...

Me too.

3/10/2006 02:38:00 AM  
Blogger bill said...

I think it was after the Kirby home run and he's talking about where Leibrandt wanted to throw the pitch, when he said something like this: "He was trying to throw it in that circle. When Puckett hit it in another circle. The winner's circle."

It's not so much that he's bad as he's just as bad now as when he's started.

3/10/2006 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger Icepick said...

Caveat: I am not a basebball fan, and so have not watched any of Tim McCarver's "work".

That said....

Bill, surely you mean there isn't a worse baseball announcer anywhere. He can't be worse than Theisman. He just can't. The universe couldn't handle that much suckitude so closely packed together. (Astronomically speaking, of course.) He just can't be worse than Theisman. No, I refuse to believe it. Surely a just God wouldn't allow such a thing!

3/10/2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger bill said...

Gotta be a joke here, "McCarver, Vitale, and Theisman walk into a bar..."

But, yes, McCarver is magnitudes worse than Theisman. McCarver, as the #1 announcer for Fox, has been ruining the World Series for almost 20 years. As bad as Theisman may be, he's an amateur of incompetence.

3/10/2006 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Icepick said...

I refuse to believe it. It may be true, but I refuse to believe it. My sanity (such as it is) just can't handle the concept that someone might be a worse sports commentator than Joe Theisman.

3/10/2006 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Pooh said...

Theisman is just an idiot. McCarver is actively an ass. The only one who comes close is Billy %$^#%$# Packer

3/10/2006 01:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home