Twenty songs from 1979
This is a fun year. Gotta respect a year that gets My Sharona to the top. Even most of the nongood songs hold up well and should get a smile from most people. Come on, Do ya think I’m sexy is freakin’ hilarious. (reading this four months after I wrote it, the "come on" is me channeling Job from the now canceled Arrested Development. Thought I should mention that as even I have a hard time remembering my cultural references).
Grade: B, for the shear volume of fun fluffy flufferness.
Bad songs =
Great songs = bold
1. My Sharona, The Knack
2. Bad Girls, Donna Summer
3. Le Freak, Chic
4. Da Ya Think I'm Sexy, Rod Stewart
5. Reunited, Peaches and Herb
6. I Will Survive, Gloria Gaynor
7. Hot Stuff, Donna Summer
8. Y.M.C.A., Village People
9. Ring My Bell, Anita Ward
10. Sad Eyes, Robert John
91. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Michael Jackson
92. Bad Case Of Lovin' You, Robert Palmer
93. Somewhere In The Night, Barry Manilow
94. We've Got Tonite, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band
95. Dance The Night Away, Van Halen
96. Dancing Shoes, Nigel Olsson
97. The Boss, Diana Ross
99. I Do Love You, G.Q.
100. Strange Way, Firefall