Monday, March 13, 2006

This just in

Wherein I pass along an email and a warning if you live or work in North Fulton County

My co-worker ***** was attacked today by a Canadian Goose that has taken up residency in our parking lot. The goose initially jumped on her car, then as ***** was walking up to the building the goose took flight and smacked ***** in the head and shoulders with its wings from behind. Luckily a co-worker alerted ***** to the bird coming at her.

For self-defense, I'm leaning towards recommending a tennis racket over a baseball bat. The racket is lighter, so would be easier to wield with one hand. Also, the bigger head makes it more likely to make contact.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was around 10 or 11, my parents took me and my 5 or 6 year old sister to a petting zoo. My father and I petted a goose with no problem. My younger sister came up, and after a bit of coaxing, reached out to pet the goose. The goose yanked its head away from her. She started crying and turned to walk away. Before she took a step, the goose reached around and bit her in the bum.

My sister proceeded to screech and howl and cry and the goose ran off. My father and I were doubled over in laughter. My mother ran over, pulled her pants down to examine the area where the goose "goosed" her. My father and I were besides ourselves laughing at that point.

My sister is still mad about the incidient 20 years later.

3/17/2006 01:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home