Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Twenty Songs from 1981

Wherein More Details are available


Like 1980, mostly retreads with a couple interesting ripples. Just a reminder, that Rick Springfield first charted in 1972; I don't mind Jessie's Girl, but everything else of his makes my left eye twitch. And I can’t explain it, I Love a Rainy Night is fun to listen to.

First concert I went to was REO Speedwagon, with .38 Special opening. I slept through half the concert and have never again listened to Speedwagon. Or, .38 Special, come to think of it. I blame my friends. After high school concerts were much better when I ditched my friends and went on my own.

I miss the Kenny Rogers chicken restaurants.

Grade: B-

Bad songs = crossed out
Great songs = bold

1981
1. Bette Davis Eyes, Kim Carnes
2. Endless Love, Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
3. Lady, Kenny Rogers
4. (Just Like) Starting Over, John Lennon
5. Jessie's Girl, Rick Springfield
6. Celebration, Kool and The Gang
7. Kiss On My List, Daryl Hall and John Oates
8. I Love A Rainy Night, Eddie Rabbitt
9. 9 To 5, Dolly Parton
10. Keep On Loving You, REO Speedwagon
91. Suddenly, Olivia Newton-John and Cliff Richard
92. For Your Eyes Only, Sheena Easton
93. The Beach Boys Medley, Beach Boys
94. Whip It, Devo
95. Modern Girl, Sheena Easton
96. Really Wanna Know You, Gary Wright
97. Seven Year Ache, Rosanne Cash
98. I'm Coming Out, Diana Ross
99. Miss Sun, Boz Scaggs
100. Time Is Time, Andy Gibb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home