Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Twenty songs from 1983

Wherein More Details are available
The video for Total Eclipse Of The Heart still creeps me out. Anyone remember thinking “Asia, these guys should be great!”? Yeah, we were pretty stupid. And the only representation ska gets is Musical Youth...so sad.

My first trip to First Avenue was for a Tina Turner concert. At that time still touring as a 60s revival act even though she was promoting a new album. Packed the house out (about 2,000 people) and the average age of the crowd was probably about my age now. Slow and easy, hard and rough, she worked us over. Six months later, Private Dancer is a hit and she's selling out 15,000 seat stadiums.

Also saw a concert of Public Image, Bow Wow Wow, and Jah Wobble. For years I thought Jah Wobble was the group and not a guy. For some reason, a bunch of my friends who hated this music went with me.

Grade: C

Bad songs = crossed out
Great songs = bold

1983
1. Every Breath You Take, Police
2. Billie Jean, Michael Jackson
3. Flashdance... What A Feelin, Irene Cara
4. Down Under, Men At Work
5. Beat It, Michael Jackson
6. Total Eclipse Of The Heart, Bonnie Tyler
7. Maneater, Daryl Hall and John Oates
8. Baby Come To Me, Patti Austin and James Ingram
9. Maniac, Michael Sembello
10. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This), Eurythmics
91. Pass The Dutchie, Musical Youth
92. True, Spandau Ballet
93. Far From Over, Frank Stallone
94. I've Got A Rock 'N' Roll Heart, Eric Clapton
95. It Might Be You, Stephen Bishop
96. Tonight I Celebrate My Love, Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack
97. You Got Lucky, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
98. Don't Cry, Asia
99. Breaking Us In Two, Joe Jackson
100. Fall In Love With Me, Earth, Wind and Fire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home