Twenty songs from 1985
Ah, the year Sheena Easton becomes a scuzzy Prince skank. I’ve waffled on Madonna over the years. Finally concluded her early releases are decent. Like a Virgin is a witty song, but she lost me when she tried to sing in Dick Tracy. Stephen Sondheim did the music and that role should have gone to Bernadette Peters. End. Of. Discussion.
No idea who I saw in concert. Lots of local bands like the Wallets and Urban Guerillas, plus just hanging out at First Avenue or Duffys. Ended up with some seriously effed up roommates and I consider myself lucky not to have been the innocent bystander gunned down during a drug raid.
I never like Born in the USA and I've never been much of a Springsteen fan. Just throwing that out there.
Bad songs =
Great songs = bold
2. Like A Virgin, Madonna
5. I Feel For You, Chaka Khan
6. Out Of Touch, Daryl Hall and John Oates
7. Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Tears For Fears
8. Money For Nothing, Dire Straits
9. Crazy For You, Madonna
10. Take On Me, A-Ha
91. Jungle Of Love, The Time
93. Private Dancer, Tina Turner
94. Who's Zoomin' Who, Aretha Franklin
95. Fortress Around Your Heart, Sting
97. All She Wants To Do Is Dance, Don Henley
98. Dress You Up, Madonna
99. Sentimental Street, Night Ranger
Labels: Springsteen is teh sux