Thursday, March 30, 2006

Twenty songs from 1985

Wherein More Details are available


Ah, the year Sheena Easton becomes a scuzzy Prince skank. I’ve waffled on Madonna over the years. Finally concluded her early releases are decent. Like a Virgin is a witty song, but she lost me when she tried to sing in Dick Tracy. Stephen Sondheim did the music and that role should have gone to Bernadette Peters. End. Of. Discussion.

No idea who I saw in concert. Lots of local bands like the Wallets and Urban Guerillas, plus just hanging out at First Avenue or Duffys. Ended up with some seriously effed up roommates and I consider myself lucky not to have been the innocent bystander gunned down during a drug raid.

I never like Born in the USA and I've never been much of a Springsteen fan. Just throwing that out there.

Grade: C

Bad songs = crossed out
Great songs = bold

1985
1. Careless Whisper, Wham!
2. Like A Virgin, Madonna
3. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Wham!
4. I Want To Know What Love Is, Foreigner
5. I Feel For You, Chaka Khan
6. Out Of Touch, Daryl Hall and John Oates
7. Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Tears For Fears
8. Money For Nothing, Dire Straits
9. Crazy For You, Madonna
10. Take On Me, A-Ha
91. Jungle Of Love, The Time
92. Born In The USA, Bruce Springsteen
93. Private Dancer, Tina Turner
94. Who's Zoomin' Who, Aretha Franklin
95. Fortress Around Your Heart, Sting
96. Penny Lover, Lionel Richie
97. All She Wants To Do Is Dance, Don Henley
98. Dress You Up, Madonna
99. Sentimental Street, Night Ranger
100. Sugar Walls, Sheena Easton

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I don't think you're being fair to Wham! They're not that bad. Not on par with "I'm Your Man," but still better than "Dress You Up". Show some silly 80's pop song respect, Bill!

... and no, I can't believe I just typed that.

3/30/2006 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

Fair to Wham? How about this, if they were on fire I'd piss on them, which is more than I'd do for Phil Collins.

3/30/2006 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger Icepick said...

Bill, you lie! We know you'd piss on Phil Collins if he was on fire. You'd just piss gasoline.

3/30/2006 09:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home