Saturday, May 20, 2006

Guest blogger

Wherein I hope this works

While I'm away for the next week I thought I'd try a guest blogger. Wouldn't want to lose my tens of readers. Let me introduce Amy. I don't think that's her real name, but that's the closest pronunciation I've ever come up with. Like this girl I knew in college from Ethiopia; no one could say her name so we called her "Freddie."

I've known "Amy" for close to twenty years. Met her in Guatamala where she was running a missionary for orphans. I was in the country on a fishing tour. Donated a ten-spot to buy a little extra gruel for the rugrats and we've been friends ever since.

Helped her out a few years later when she moved to Houston to open a soup kitchen. Lost track of her and then two years ago got a call from somewhere in New Mexico. I'll skip the details other than to say I think she was justified in her actions.

Anyway, great person--in fact, nicest person I know. Help her out and I'll be back in a week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ahistoricality said...

Welcome, Amy!

With an introduction like that.... ought to be fun.

5/21/2006 01:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home