Friday, April 01, 2011

Darling Nikki, the librarian

Wherein putting the fun back into reading is fundamental


Prince's Darling Nikki is a great song, only problem is that it isn't exactly kid friendly.

So I've fixed it.

I knew a girl named nikki
I guess u could say was a bibliofiend
I met her in a hotel lobby
Reading a magazine
She said howd u like 2 waste some time
And I could not resist when I saw little nikki read

She took me 2 her library
And I just couldnt believe my eyes
She had so many books
Everything that money could buy
She said sign your name on the dotted line
The lights went on
And nikki started 2 recite

The bookcart started spinning
Or maybe it was my brain
I can't tell u what she read 2 me
But my mind will never be the same
Her oratory will kick your behind
Oh, she'll show u no mercy
But she'll shonuff shonuff show u how 2 read

Woke up the next morning
Nikki wasn't there
I looked all over and all I found
Was a library card on the stairs
It said thank u 4 a funky time
Check me out whenever u want 2 read

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home