Monday, May 29, 2006

I've returned

Wherein what the hell happened here?


You think you know someone....Oh well, let that be a lesson--no more guest bloggers. Too much to clarify, so I'll just ignore most of what I just read. However, a couple points worth mentioning:

  1. Anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't go to a company picnic. Too many people and I'm paid to work with those people, I'm not paid to grace them with my presence.
  2. Styx is better than Bruuuuce Springsteen--I think we've proven that--Amy just picked the wrong song.
  3. What's up with the Spam hate? I've never understood that. It's "spiced ham" and mostly made from pork shoulder. Probably has more pork in it than a hot dog. When you get right down to it, Spam is basically a production version of Pate de Campagne, a country-style pate or terrine. Probably the simplest pate to make and liver is optional. If you come acros a deli selling a country pate, have a bite. You'll be surprised how much like Spam it tastes like. I almost claimed I've never cooked with Spam (other than pan-fried), but that would be wrong. I once made cranberry mincemeat pies with Spam and served them to some "friends" (ahem, Amy) who joked about my apple pie.
  4. You want a tater tot recipe? Here's my breakfast casserole: 1. Butter a pie pan 2. dump a single layer of tater tots into pan 3. Cover with cheese, meats, vegetable, whatever you like 4. Beat 6 or 7 or maybe 8 eggs, pour over everything else 5. (optional) Before beating the eggs, separate a couple white and beat separately until frothy, fold into beaten eggs 6. Bake until set, about 30-40 minutes, slice and eat.
  5. Reader_iam's husband's band. I won't give you their name, I'll just say they're a cover band for this band. If you hurry, you can catch them at St. Augustine tonight. I'm just glad we left early.
  6. And Artie was an ass, good riddance.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger reader_iam said...

ROTFLOL.

DH just left for Vancouver early this morning, so I couldn't share this with him directly, but I'll make sure to e-mail the link.

You ass. I deserved it. (Not sure he does, though.)

5/29/2006 04:46:00 PM  
Blogger reader_iam said...

Hey, and welcome back. Hope your vacation was a good one.

5/29/2006 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger Pooh said...

What she said in comment #2...

5/30/2006 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger bill said...

The thing about leaving the beach to go home to Atlanta is that Atlanta is hotter and the humidity is higher and there's no ocean breeze. Weather report for today says it's dangerous to go outside and breath. Traffic sucks, people suck, and there's too many damn chiropractors.

I hate this town.

5/30/2006 08:13:00 AM  
Blogger reader_iam said...

You're whining about chiropractors?!! Sheesh. For PROPORTION of population, you should come hang in Davenport for a while, and then try complaining.

5/30/2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger bill said...

I forgot Palmer was in Davenport. I can't remember if they're slightly normal or antiscience (chiro cures cancer; vaccinations are evil) like Life College down here.

5/30/2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Pooh said...

I'm sorry, but the World Classic Rockers = comedy gold...

5/30/2006 01:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home