You think you know someone....Oh well, let that be a lesson--no more guest bloggers. Too much to clarify, so I'll just ignore most of what I just read. However, a couple points worth mentioning:
- Anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't go to a company picnic. Too many people and I'm paid to work with those people, I'm not paid to grace them with my presence.
- Styx is better than Bruuuuce Springsteen--I think we've proven that--Amy just picked the wrong song.
- What's up with the Spam hate? I've never understood that. It's "spiced ham" and mostly made from pork shoulder. Probably has more pork in it than a hot dog. When you get right down to it, Spam is basically a production version of Pate de Campagne, a country-style pate or terrine. Probably the simplest pate to make and liver is optional. If you come acros a deli selling a country pate, have a bite. You'll be surprised how much like Spam it tastes like. I almost claimed I've never cooked with Spam (other than pan-fried), but that would be wrong. I once made cranberry mincemeat pies with Spam and served them to some "friends" (ahem, Amy) who joked about my apple pie.
- You want a tater tot recipe? Here's my breakfast casserole: 1. Butter a pie pan 2. dump a single layer of tater tots into pan 3. Cover with cheese, meats, vegetable, whatever you like 4. Beat 6 or 7 or maybe 8 eggs, pour over everything else 5. (optional) Before beating the eggs, separate a couple white and beat separately until frothy, fold into beaten eggs 6. Bake until set, about 30-40 minutes, slice and eat.
- Reader_iam's husband's band. I won't give you their name, I'll just say they're a cover band for this band. If you hurry, you can catch them at St. Augustine tonight. I'm just glad we left early.
- And Artie was an ass, good riddance.
Labels: Springsteen is teh sux